The Protectorate of Vologda is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, public floggings, and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 7.833 billion Vologdans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Welfare, although Defense, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Industry and Environment receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 14.5%.
The Vologdan economy, worth 317 trillion Parhean Tongboes a year, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. Average income is 40,487 Parhean Tongboes, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Vologda's national animal is the Parhean Rhinoceros, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vologda's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vologda's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vologda was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Vologda ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.
- : Vologda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Vologda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Vologda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Vologda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Vologda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Vologda's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".