|Leader||The Trilateral Council|
The Meritocratic Oligarchy of Volca is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Trilateral Council with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, aversion to nipples, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 10.987 billion Volcans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Flexinton. The average income tax rate is 88.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Volcan economy, worth a remarkable 1,264 trillion Volcanian Krunes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,067 Volcanian Krunes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, and anything is permissible when wearing latex gloves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Volca's national animal is the Salmon, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is The Djinn.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Volca's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Volca's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Volca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Most Developed, Longest Average Lifespans, and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Volca, anything is permissible when wearing latex gloves.
- : Following new legislation in Volca, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- : Volca was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Volca, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore.
- : Following new legislation in Volca, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized.
- : Volca was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Volca, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Volca.