The United Socialist States of Vodkaslavia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Dictator Zero with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.417 billion Vodkaslavians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Armistice City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Vodkaslavian economy, worth a remarkable 1,472 trillion Jewels a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 128,982 Jewels, with the richest citizens earning 8.3 times as much as the poorest.
Pet owners make sure their dogs wear diapers, hell is not always other people, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, and it's been a banner year for local vexillology. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Vodkaslavia's national animal is the Yadernaya Bomba, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Vodka Amity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vodkaslavia agreed to construct embassies between Steam Islands and Click Here.
- : Vodkaslavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Vodkaslavia agreed to construct embassies between Steam Islands and International Council of Sovereigns.
- : Vodkaslavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Vodkaslavia agreed to construct embassies between Steam Islands and United Imperial Union.
- : Vodkaslavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Vodkaslavia lodged a message on the The NewsStand Regional Message Board.
- : Vodkaslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Vodkaslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Vodkaslavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and Most Influential.