The Californian Pirate State of Vlawarkay is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Wolfgang with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.51 billion Vlars hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ventura. The average income tax rate is 82.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Vlawark economy, worth 534 trillion Vlars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,144 Vlars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The study of medicine is popular throughout Vlawarkay, artists are pillars of society, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly, and hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vlawarkay's national animal is the swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vlawarkay was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Vlawarkay was endorsed by The Vasdeian Hive-mind of Greater Gyelidor.
- : Following new legislation in Vlawarkay, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Vlawarkay, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
- : Following new legislation in Vlawarkay, artists are pillars of society.
- : Vlawarkay voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Vlawarkay voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free, Open Source Software Use".
- : Following new legislation in Vlawarkay, the study of medicine is popular throughout Vlawarkay.
- : Following new legislation in Vlawarkay, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- : Following new legislation in Vlawarkay, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Treadwellia, The Sigometh Dynasty, New Rogernomics, Nucular, Debussy, Leonism, Wassily Universal Rifling Company, Steel Vagabonds, Silver Minner, Custadia, The Gelseen Hegemony, Kryansk, Fluffiness, Surd, Xalivstonia, Pepper Island Democratica Freeland Papri, Americastrailia, Fortytipper, Islayth, Pepe Pip, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Flasankia, and Greater Gyelidor.