The Surrealist Republic of Viveen is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Jennifer Höpkins with a fair hand, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, keen interest in outer space, and public floggings. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.619 billion furries hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Evailia. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse furry economy, worth 391 trillion Coin-Vixians a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 108,162 Coin-Vixians, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, and nouveau riche farmers diligently take care of their golden calf herds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Viveen's national animal is the Fennec Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ch'durrism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Viveen was endorsed by The United Insular States of Achipel.
- : Viveen was endorsed by The Free Land of Agrocragoria.
- : Viveen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Viveen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Viveen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Viveen's influence in New West Indies rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Viveen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Viveen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Viveen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Viveen was endorsed by The Partial Monarchy of Four Sicilys.