|Leader||Grand Duke Alexander XII von Desdor|
|Faith||The Vitogenian Church|
The Grand Duchy of Vitogena is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Grand Duke Alexander XII von Desdor with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, enslaved workforce, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.901 billion Vitogenians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order, Spirituality, and Administration are also considered important, while Social Policy receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victoria. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Vitogenan economy, worth a remarkable 3,089 trillion Vitoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 447,730 Vitoes, with the richest citizens earning 8.0 times as much as the poorest.
There is no such thing as an innocent fling in the Vitogenan military, political activists are routinely executed, third world countries are rich in "I Love Victoria" t-shirts, and skyscrapers get built in just days. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vitogena's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is The Vitogenian Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vitogena's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Vitogena was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Vitogena, skyscrapers get built in just days.
- : Vitogena was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Vitogena, third world countries are rich in "I Love Victoria" t-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Vitogena, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Vitogena, there is no such thing as an innocent fling in the Vitogenan military.
- : Following new legislation in Vitogena, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Vitogena, boys who even ask about cheerleading are placed on the Sex Offenders Register.
- : Vitogena was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.