The Confederacy of Viscount-88 is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 593 million Viscount-88ians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The thriving Viscount-88ian economy, worth 34.9 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is 58,882 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 208,425 per year while the poor average 12,010, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Viscount-88's national animal is the Tim.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Viscount-88 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Viscount-88's influence in League of American States rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Viscount-88's influence in League of American States rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Viscount-88 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Viscount-88's influence in League of American States rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Viscount-88 was endorsed by The Republic of Al-Jahilia.
- : Viscount-88 endorsed The Armed Republic of CNPSC 4th Brigade.
- : Viscount-88 relocated from Artificial Solar System to League of American States.
- : Viscount-88 was endorsed by The Republic of Slowest Moon Around 6.
- : Viscount-88 was endorsed by The Republic of Makasta3.