The Most Serene Republic of Virillum is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 177 million Virillumians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 74.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Virillumian economy, worth 6.16 trillion Shillings a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 34,791 Shillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Priests are being drafted by the church load, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", being able to unblock a u-bend pipe is considered a universally essential skill, and Maxtopian villagers starve by the time Virillumian officials even file the appropriate paperwork needed to help them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Virillum's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Virillum, Maxtopian villagers starve by the time Virillumian officials even file the appropriate paperwork needed to help them.
- : Following new legislation in Virillum, being able to unblock a u-bend pipe is considered a universally essential skill.
- : Virillum was endorsed by The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Following new legislation in Virillum, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in Virillum, priests are being drafted by the church load.
- : Following new legislation in Virillum, short shrift is being given to applications for political asylum from illegal immigrants.
- : Following new legislation in Virillum, Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned.
- : Virillum was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Virillum was endorsed by The Digital Democracy of Alpinea.
- : Following new legislation in Virillum, the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Territorio di Nessuno, Shin-Hachioji, Shibutani, Alunya, El Fiji Grande, Notyoutopia, Frances Francis the First of France, Joodey, The Rhein States, Corfad, Siwale, Sinelona, Yaorozu, Peldorn, Great Bights Mum, Kwaj, Unimaginable Doom, Sundred, Sunto, Selfgradatude, PlanetPunk, Apetopia, North Bratislava, Uganda Knuckles UK, Newpromisedland, Dar es Saalam, Spartoptia, Kirostan, Trillius, Omnistria, Dreadton, Napnomadia, Koda-Land, Ejhsa, Q w e r t y, National Goats, Bayern-Straubing, Buckerino, Acrabinnia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Shadowrik, Steampunk Ariel, Torakuen, United Draconia, Federation Terra Australis, Victoriaans Nederlands, Guer Aike, Egalico, Wineclaw, Racoda, and 46 others.Saturns Edge, New Pruessen, Tsardom of Leonlandia, The United States of Romania, Jasminlandia, 1 very fast endotarter, Pallaith, THX1138, Tappan Hills, Sil Dorsett, Lomjia, New Bremerton, Ibiscaton, Kasazzastan, Sheldanada, Holy Oranz, Sanjurika, Afrille, Liberum Mundi, Ikea Rike, The Notorious Mad Jack, Plangainer, Black Templares, Maott, Pasargad, Moubarakistan, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, Wilkshire, General COE, Niradans, Ethnon, Thiammyalllaland, Free Azzaca, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Noahs Second Country, Valhalla123, Former English Colony, Rynion, Loutsland, Test for a new hope, North Altatude, Elder Realms, Castle Federation, Alpinea, and The Black Cathedral.