The People's Republic of Virgondo is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its soft-spoken computers, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.144 billion Virgondonians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adena. The average income tax rate is 84.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Virgondoan economy, worth 83.5 trillion Virgites a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. Average income is 72,996 Virgites, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Smoking is banned in public areas, cricket farmers use magnifying glasses to fit every member of their herd with tiny tracking tags, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and royalist is the most offensive slur in the Virgondoan language. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Virgondo's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Virgondo was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Sirijiva.
- : Virgondo was endorsed by The Democratic States of Council of America.
- : Virgondo was endorsed by The Glorious Federation of Whatevernext.
- : Following new legislation in Virgondo, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Virgondoan language.
- : Following new legislation in Virgondo, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Virgondo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Virgondo, cricket farmers use magnifying glasses to fit every member of their herd with tiny tracking tags.
- : Following new legislation in Virgondo, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Following new legislation in Virgondo, there's a lot of mouth-breathers about these days.
- : Following new legislation in Virgondo, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Marxmeans, Kethania, Ubertas, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Rothnia, Shamian, Saint Shepard, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics23, Vestrik, Illeron, Rubumba, Soviet Felines, Slavic Democratic Nations, Virdmar, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Arbados Balarascia, Thebrin, Parangaba, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Old Mare, Ambaniala, Hispania Aeterna, Secutor, New Soviet States of America, Domona, Jacarta, -Gregoria, Transbiansylvania, New Astri, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Rhudiland, Itre, Dudaev, Anarhic Morrowind, The palace of God 2, North Fluedan, Tanamerah, Karelianastan, Crescent Commune, Kheshiga, Great Galanthia, United States of Buffaloia, Imperial Plumbus, Phallas, Pajonia, Lorgim Lukka, Radicalania, Bibliophilius, Red nation state, Neo Tyranis, and 9 others.The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Picuros, Itilien, Sodoran Alesia, Eriadni, The Passerine Islands, Whatevernext, Council of America, and Sirijiva.