The Rogue Nation of Violey is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.575 billion Scrap Rats are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The relatively small, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 17.0%.
The very strong Scrap Rat economy, worth 112 trillion Scraps a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 71,678 Scraps, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 481,816 per year while the poor average 3,985, a ratio of 120 to 1.
The new one Scrap coin also makes a handy throwing-star, the term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning, parents often leave their kids in the car while they attend mindfulness meditation sessions, and Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Violey's national animal is the Rat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Violey's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Violey lodged a message on the The Free Nations Realm Regional Message Board.
- : Violey relocated from Osiris to The Free Nations Region.
- : Violey altered its national flag.
- : Violey was refounded in Osiris.
- : Violey ceased to exist in The Free Nations Region.
- : Violey's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Violey was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Violey's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Violey's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".