|Leader||Emperor Aldrich IV|
The Police State of Vinitas is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Aldrich IV with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.736 billion Vinitians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Silverstreak. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 60.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Vinitasian economy, worth 297 trillion federal credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 171,226 federal credits, with the richest citizens earning 7.3 times as much as the poorest.
Members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods, Vinitas has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, the nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet, and the nation's best artists are considered pretty easy to beat. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vinitas's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vinitas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Vinitas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Vinitas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Vinitas, the nation's best artists are considered pretty easy to beat.
- : Following new legislation in Vinitas, the nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet.
- : Following new legislation in Vinitas, Vinitas has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Vinitas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Desertification"".
- : Vinitas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Vinitas, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
- : Vinitas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mikeswill".
Endorsements Received: 66 » Shronok, ShrewLlamaLand, Jocospor, Khanbaliq Mongolia, Fetra, American Pere Housh, Union of Andor, Valvoa, Ukraniumstan, Walrusmart, Grouberdastchereichenstag, New-Korean union, Ruthlessnia, Vaktaria, RavenShade, Tertania, Mighty Tropico, Goldenfront, Barovie, Winter Gulley, Evanigrad, Agraveth, The Dixie Confederate Union, Andoros, Vlamms Statt, The states of Bharat, Branalia, Nazilore, 1ndependentSystems, Shiya, Penarastaria, The Souless Damned, Imperiium, United Communes of Chile, Marthuania, Terra de Combattimento, Blutiges Imperium, Trade Capital, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, Consterius Reich, Apermania, Doerbach, Taurus94, Yugagar, Inferno Drake, MineLegotia and Equestria, Coalora, Sparkvernia, Comein, Castelia, and 16 others.The great Beaver, Refarria, Visaria, Aerilithia, Great Morningstar, Nueva Teruel, Prussiolity, Regna Loreau, Depackya, United Cohdopia, Of the war hammer, Alpes a Septentrionali imperium, Otogal, Emerald Order, Wilhelms, and Nestruia.