The European United Republic of Vilouki is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Charles Bevier with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.218 billion Viloukians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Luxembourg. The average income tax rate is 99.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Viloukian economy, worth 659 trillion Francs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 156,394 Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Arbitration is mightier than the sword, school football matches are usually five-a-side, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vilouki's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Vilouki was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, school football matches are usually five-a-side.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, arbitration is mightier than the sword.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, billions of Francs are being poured into a space program.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Vilouki was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, state officials tend to disappear after they forget to salute Charles Bevier's portrait.