The Socialist Republics of Vilouki is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Edouard Luxemburg with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, public floggings, and smutty television. The compassionate, cynical population of 7.566 billion Viluks are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Luxembourg. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Viloukian economy, worth a remarkable 1,550 trillion Francs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 204,945 Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The legal profession considers itself above the law, government workers are more efficient and more unhappy than ever, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, and hammer and sickle-wielding space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vilouki's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is State Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, hammer and sickle-wielding space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, government workers are more efficient and more unhappy than ever.
- : Vilouki voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, the legal profession considers itself above the law.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, in court almost every witness is a hostile witness.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, people regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, Viloukian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, class clowns are frequently listed among the most dangerous criminals in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Vilouki, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Super Awesome Fun Times, Republic of Braz, Grod Island, Anarchocommunists of the World, Antinios, Nangka, Transcommunist Republics, Llorens, Dyl, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Sincadenas, New Arkados, Ephros, Fizzopolis, New Russsia, Silverfish37, Rorlenland, Nepacton Murt, Roma Norte, Sylvlakia, Soviet Catgirls, Kaamapoori, Anioniotopia, Asturies-Llion, Depro, The Iron-Blooded Ones, Picuros, Socialist Great Picardy, Agatep, Claiomha, Komuna, Slackertown, Argentigrad, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Zaratov, Spmglandia, NeoXoleria, Pissing Yourself, New Volica, Leveille, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Yoodong, Outer Golpi Steppes, Old Corus, Kawany, Bisht, Creatrix, Delegations, Idontknowium, and 1 other.Ezmwalia.