|Leader||President Astrid Johansen|
The Federal Republic of Villaing is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Astrid Johansen with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate population of 1.146 billion Villaingians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Telross City. The average income tax rate is 61.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Villaingian economy, worth 136 trillion pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,703 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Bars are packed at all hours, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly, city budgets are spent entirely on supporting the town royalty, and politicians cheer the nation's surging death rate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Villaing's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, politicians cheer the nation's surging death rate.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, city budgets are spent entirely on supporting the town royalty.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world.
- : Villaing voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Villaing's influence in Europe rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, a common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously".
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, exports are stamped with "made by the invisible hand you commies".
Endorsements Received: 57 » The States of Texas and Arkansas, The Seven Provinces, GanymedEuropa, Saint Domingo, The Champions League, Invernessia, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Irminsulia, Walfo, Ausvelt, Abject Ludicrosity, Elisabethshagen, Dark Matter, Jim the Baptist, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Northern German Federation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Someseni, An Clar, Destyntine, Prussian-Union, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Shaor, North of Americas, Meropis, Rivierenland, Gor Kebab, Crestphalia, Imperium Anglorum, Regnum Italiae, Viktorias, Leranditale, Kanokla, Nardin, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Brakanistan, Mynox, Continental Social Democrats, Wombelland, and 7 others.Othenhiem, Nuevo Europa, Apabeossie, Zulrich, Gliesetonia, Emynia, and Sloburg.