The United Democratic Republics of Viksberg is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Juha Ojala with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed population of 3.007 billion Viksbergians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Forssa. The average income tax rate is 85.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Viksbergian economy, worth 401 trillion Viksbergian rubles a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 133,375 Viksbergian rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Doctors will keep brain-dead coma patients ventilated for years in order to avoid accusations of allowing people to die, the government has undertaken a massive health education program to combat VODAIS, corporate lobbying has been outlawed, and 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Viksberg's radio stations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Viksberg's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lutheranism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Viksberg's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Viksberg's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Viksberg's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Viksberg's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Viksberg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Viksberg was refounded in Balder.
- : Viksberg ceased to exist in Nordic Lands.
- : Viksberg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Xoriet".
- : Viksberg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Don't Kill the Poor Act".
- : Viksberg's influence in Nordic Lands rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".