The Federal Republic of Vikendi is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 308 million Vikendians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government prioritizes Defense, with Welfare, Law & Order, and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.5%.
The very strong Vikendian economy, worth 20.9 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 67,985 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 9.9 times as much as the poorest.
The government loves seeing the little people fight, former arms manufacturing CEOs are now delivering food for minimum wage, corporations are either above the law or corrupting it, and films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Vikendi's national animal is the arctic fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vikendi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry and Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Vikendi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Severisen".
- : Following new legislation in Vikendi, films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay.
- : Following new legislation in Vikendi, corporations are either above the law or corrupting it.
- : Vikendi was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Vikendi, former arms manufacturing CEOs are now delivering food for minimum wage.
- : Following new legislation in Vikendi, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Following new legislation in Vikendi, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Vikendi endorsed The Gold LC Victory of Concrete Slab.
- : Vikendi was endorsed by The 🍪 Raccoon Paradise 🍪 of Aumeltopia.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Awjan, Bawkie, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Concrete Slab, Aidenfieeld, Volaworand, Kroumos, Hanguk-Nippon, Beepee, Linguiniland, Seythennia, Anachronolandia, and Aumeltopia.