|Leader||Albrecht von Löwe|
The Federal Republic of Vielena is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Albrecht von Löwe with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.9 billion Vielenans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bervien. The average income tax rate is 68.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vielenan economy, worth 284 trillion Viel Kotsars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 98,131 Viel Kotsars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens, adults have never outgrown their fear of monsters, motivational posters send motorists positive vibes in high-risk areas, and government agents stalk the aisles of grocery stores for out-of-stock medications. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vielena's national animal is the fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vielena voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Vielena voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Vielena changed its national nation type to "Federal Republic".
- : The Heavenly Empire of Acaciatropole appointed Vielena as Minister of Home Affairs with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Hiyamashu.
- : The Heavenly Empire of Acaciatropole dismissed Vielena as First Minister of Hiyamashu.
- : Vielena voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Northern Borland".
- : Vielena voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Death Penalty Ban"".
- : Vielena voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Death Penalty Ban"".
- : Vielena lodged a message on the Hiyamashu Regional Message Board.
- : Vielena was endorsed by The Community of Isles of Midinight.