The United Kingdom of Vetoland and Taome is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Hercule Poirot with a fair hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 7.696 billion Vetoland and Taomeans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vittoria. The average income tax rate is 25.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vetoland and Taomean economy, worth a remarkable 1,605 trillion Schmeckles a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 208,609 Schmeckles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
People with political aspirations study how to make balloon animals, over a third of the seats in sports stadiums have been removed to make room for female-only commodes, the treehouse in Beaver Park is the tallest building in Vetoland and Taome, and therapists can always squeeze in another house-call. Crime is totally unknown. Vetoland and Taome's national animal is the Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Poirotism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vetoland and Taome's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vetoland and Taome was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Vetoland and Taome was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Vetoland and Taome's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vetoland and Taome was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Vetoland and Taome ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Vetoland and Taome was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Vetoland and Taome was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Vetoland and Taome voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Testlandia".
- : Vetoland and Taome voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Multilateral Trade Talks"".