|Leader||Supreme Commissar Attero Dirotskiyy|
|Faith||a Cult of Personality|
The Dear Leader of Vetelo is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme Commissar Attero Dirotskiyy with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, rampant corporate plagiarism, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 8.474 billion Vetelonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized morass — prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Law & Order, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miguel. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Vetelonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,751 trillion USSD Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 206,668 USSD Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, and frat-house partying has become the national pastime. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vetelo's national animal is the Yakut Kiwi, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a Cult of Personality.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high.
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Vetelo proposed constructing embassies between USSD and Olgea.
- : Vetelo ejected and banned The Borderlands of Palatsk from USSD.
- : Vetelo lodged a message on the USSD Regional Message Board.
- : Vetelo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protection of Biomedical Research"".
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, Air Vetelo tickets have reached sky-high prices due to a complete monopoly on air travel.
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Acktoria, Extadros, Narwhalstan, The Siberian Urals, The Socialistic Rhineland, Karaden, Sudi Asal, Prizmania, Vinozio, The Land of Home, Coobah, Anentova, Socialist-Utopian Poland, Mercia State, Russia SFSR, Uthosi, Villeurbanne, Manhatta, Xthosia, Slovak Commune, Cloumunisan, Steium, Yisrae1, Xanopticon, Pereelia, Siberia Nova, The Anarchist Republic Of South Spain, Tebbran, Snakestotska, Soviet Socialist Ireland, Sinovieta, Rose Eutopia, Soviet Rainhill, New Tristania, NRSSR, and Valhallak.