The Dear Leader of Vetelo is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Supreme Commissar Attero Dirotskiyy with an iron fist, and notable for its smutty television, avant-garde cinema, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 8.046 billion Vetelonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Narfingway On-Sea. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Vetelonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,664 trillion USSD Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 206,891 USSD Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle, child labor has been outlawed, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, and the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vetelo's national animal is the Yakut Kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a Cult of Personality.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon.
- : Vetelo endorsed The Allied States of Russian Subsidiaries.
- : Vetelo altered its national flag.
- : Vetelo rejected a request from Nova Vynerie for an embassy with USSD.
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets.
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, child labor has been outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Vetelo, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle.
- : Vetelo ejected and banned The Republic of Donalic from USSD.
- : Vetelo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Vetelo lodged a message on the USSD Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 57 » New Antegria II, Eastern Kurwakistan Republic, Yugoslavia SFR, Narwhalstan, Vorkuta and Krakosha, Anentova, Stormfist, Halstatti, Bantu Peoples, Outter Germany, Ugraria, Allandria, Bonum Populus, Virtus Patentibus, Rorasia, The Hajiaalin Caliphate, Ladiville, Hespereia, Molariana, Reguls, Kennystana, Chindus, Bria She Xca, The Totalitarian Authority of Gabistan, Istrillyia, Great Utopians, Purnelaw, Niklaan, Rambinia, MRGMRGMRG, Merribourne, Gercistan, Narwhalton, Imperial Samoa, BlueKermit, The dark Panther, Alvero, Silkmoravska, Anarchic Free State of Violence, Woshizhongguo, Lojikistan, Australia MK2, Acktoria, Socailst States Of Europe, Democratic Pacifica, Manhatta, The Laidend, Sovetsky Narodov, The Siberian Urals, NRSSR, and 7 others.Tebbran, Bolshoy Soyuz, The Red Arizona Republic, Cloumunisan, Extadros, Yermia, and Karaden.