The Rogue Nation of Veszprema is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.24 billion Veszpremen are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veszpreman. The average income tax rate is 60.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Veszpreman economy, worth 47.1 trillion Forints a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 21,035 Forints, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Farmers are struggling to keep up with demand for local produce, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Veszpremen, the nation's latest batch of politicians include internet comedians, an alleged serial killer, and a highly trained Turul, and Veszprema recently decided against having a capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Veszprema's national animal is the Turul, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Veszprema's influence in Nazi Europa rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Veszprema's influence in Nazi Europa rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Veszprema's influence in Nazi Europa rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Veszprema's influence in Nazi Europa rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Veszprema's influence in Nazi Europa rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Veszprema was banned from The Communist Bloc by The People's Republic of Ubertas.
- : Veszprema lodged a message on the Nazi Europa Regional Message Board.
- : Veszprema relocated from The Communist Bloc to Nazi Europa.
- : Veszprema's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Veszprema's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".