The People's Republic of Vesmeau is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.431 billion Vesmeauans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Triasall. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Vesmeauan economy, worth 346 trillion farthings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Basket Weaving. Average income is 78,101 farthings, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People have become comfortably numb, urban parents tell their children that the family car went to a farm upstate, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name, and Vesmeau recently hosted the least successful trade negotiations since The Phantom Menace. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vesmeau's national animal is the seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vesmeau, Vesmeau recently hosted the least successful trade negotiations since The Phantom Menace.
- : Following new legislation in Vesmeau, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name.
- : Following new legislation in Vesmeau, urban parents tell their children that the family car went to a farm upstate.
- : Following new legislation in Vesmeau, people have become comfortably numb.
- : Vesmeau was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Vesmeau voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Following new legislation in Vesmeau, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.
- : Following new legislation in Vesmeau, heartfelt sentiments are mercilessly marketed by a million-farthing treacle machine.
- : Following new legislation in Vesmeau, it is quite common for bar patrons to discuss Wittgenstein over cordials and games of backgammon.
- : Following new legislation in Vesmeau, government-sanctioned factory-smashing has the Luddites of Vesmeau rejoicing.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Ghillemear, Dyl, Super Awesome Fun Times, Antinios, Silverfish37, MacSwiney, Llorens, Rorlenland, Grod Island, Nangka, Soviet Catgirls, Transcommunist Republics, Socialist Great Picardy, New Volica, Ephros, The Iron-Blooded Ones, Kaamapoori, Picuros, Asturies-Llion, Nepacton Murt, Claiomha, Agatep, Slackertown, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Anarchocommunists of the World, Argentigrad, Sylvlakia, Lastolana, Fizzopolis, Somiens-et-Haveras, Zaratov, Kawany, Bisht, Helionyx, Delegations, Kavagrad, and Ezmwalia.