The Republic of Vershia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Siberia with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 7.999 billion Vershians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rondorea. The average income tax rate is 84.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Vershian economy, worth 749 trillion Vers a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 93,638 Vers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children who write letters to Santa Claus end up in straitjackets, red rinses are frequently applied to grey hair, a third of Vershians are e-certified CEOs, and immigrants who don't like the taste of Vershian Turnip Chips are immediately deported. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vershia's national animal is the Gray Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vershia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Vershia endorsed The Deadness of Cevlaia.
- : Vershia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : Following new legislation in Vershia, immigrants who don't like the taste of Vershian Turnip Chips are immediately deported.
- : Following new legislation in Vershia, a third of Vershians are e-certified CEOs.
- : Following new legislation in Vershia, red rinses are frequently applied to grey hair.
- : Following new legislation in Vershia, children who write letters to Santa Claus end up in straitjackets.
- : Following new legislation in Vershia, nephews and nieces of the monarch resort to begging from relatives in palace halls.
- : Vershia endorsed The Nootopia of Southern Noot Yrok.
- : Vershia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Vooperian Paradise, Dabberwocky, Voopmont, The New United Socialist Random Empire, Aidviet Union, Voopiria, Riptaria, The Narwhalian Republic of the North, Coryanhafflaruda, Velion, Empire of Dunist, Cevlaia, and Southern Noot Yrok.