The People's Republic of Vernest Quill is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Mistress Audrey with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, national health service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 3.582 billion Vernest Quillians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Octopia. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Vernest Quillian economy, worth 276 trillion Marks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 77,158 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vernest Quill's national animal is the Siberian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vernest Quill's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Vernest Quill altered its national flag.
- : Vernest Quill relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Vernest Quill was refounded in Balder.
- : Vernest Quill ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Vernest Quill was endorsed by The Republic of Valgarda.
- : Vernest Quill was endorsed by The Grand Holy Speaker of Francois Isidore.
- : Vernest Quill was endorsed by The Empire of Vesteysia.
- : Vernest Quill was endorsed by The United States of Gondwanaia.
- : Vernest Quill was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Cascadian Bioregion.