|Leader||Chairman Hoxir Vasile|
The Socialist Republic of Verja is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chairman Hoxir Vasile with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.229 billion Verjans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mitemare. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Verjan economy, worth a remarkable 1,095 trillion Verjan Mulds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 175,937 Verjan Mulds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Weekly religious services often resemble campaign rallies, the entire entry for Verja in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', the nation threatens sanctions on islands only visible at low tide, and hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Verja's national animal is the Mitemare Greenbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Verja was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Santa Torres.
- : Verja was endorsed by The 14th Station of Delegations.
- : Verja was endorsed by The Federation of Helionyx.
- : Verja voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Embassy".
- : Verja voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Following new legislation in Verja, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Following new legislation in Verja, the nation threatens sanctions on islands only visible at low tide.
- : Following new legislation in Verja, the entire entry for Verja in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'.
- : Following new legislation in Verja, weekly religious services often resemble campaign rallies.
- : Verja was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Bisht.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Llorens, Rorlenland, New Arkados, Digitotuo, Kavagrad, Ephros, Ghillemear, The Great Comrades of the Revolution, Transcommunist Republics, Kawany, Anarchocommunists of the World, Henchikurin, Nangka, Sincadenas, Dyl, Picuros, Slackertown, Buttia, Antinios, Martilliopen, Sorwickshire, Kongoland, Grod Island, Nepacton Murt, Silverfish37, Hussitics, Roma Norte, New Volica, Socialist New Britain, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Argentigrad, Sword Lesbians, Asturies-Llion, Loudon, Kaamapoori, Old Corus, Anioniotopia, Socialist Great Picardy, Sylvlakia, Claiomha, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Vire Easay, Soviet Catgirls, Bisht, Helionyx, and Delegations.