|Faith||The Acolytes of Pathosis|
The Technocratic Empire of Veradax is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Zealli Sonre with an iron fist, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, ubiquitous missile silos, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.008 billion Veradacians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The relatively small, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xoysa. The average income tax rate is 50.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Veradaxian economy, worth a remarkable 5,646 trillion Xyres a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 512,962 Xyres, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political dissidents are cut off from essential services, the nation's black ops are starting to get on people's nerves, stuttering trypanophobes are doomed never to marry, and it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Veradax's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Acolytes of Pathosis.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, stuttering trypanophobes are doomed never to marry.
- : Veradax was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, the nation's black ops are starting to get on people's nerves.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, political dissidents are cut off from essential services.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, unfit police officers collapse while trying to capture unusually athletic criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, the government's economic policy can be summed up as "Abort, Retry, Fail?".
- : Following new legislation in Veradax, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Zealli Sonre's wardrobe.
- : Veradax lodged a message on the The Alliance of Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Veradax voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
Endorsements Received: 10 » Independent Federation of Croatia, The Peoples Republic of Baschland, The Big Brother, Free Norte, Saint Entopiloin, Terlanagli Army, Annexandria, Walkerfort, Vespergale, and Labroonia.