The Community of Vengelo is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.626 billion Vengeloans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 47.0%.
The strong Vengeloan economy, worth 175 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Gambling, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 48,276 pounds, with the richest citizens earning 5.5 times as much as the poorest.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, surveillance cameras are banned, voting is voluntary, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vengelo's national animal is the red deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vengelo's influence in Field Egg Group rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Vengelo's influence in Field Egg Group rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Vengelo's influence in Field Egg Group rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Vengelo relocated from Balder to Field Egg Group.
- : Vengelo altered its national flag.
- : Vengelo was refounded in Balder.
- : Vengelo ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Vengelo's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vengelo's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vengelo's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".