The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.61 billion Venetoes are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Venetolandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,139 trillion venetoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 128,833 venetoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", and ritual mummification is making a comeback. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, ritual mummification is making a comeback.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance".
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Venetoland lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Venetoland after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Lexembourg, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, Tigyland, Valrem, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, Fortia, Troltovia, Zuid-Limburgia, Ansington, Woschia, Chioganah, Green Counties, Fossekallen, Bearhinoland, AirstripZero, Jamoea, Continental Social Democrats, Lovisa, GeneralStalin, Umeria, Slavorussia, Evka, Puerto Thelosia, The New Nordic Union, Outer Sparta, DGAF No-2, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Ahma, Dark Matter, Alpinovia, Cha0sNation, Einswenn, An Clar, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Wessex and Cornwall, Kanadika, ArkTech, and 47 others.Romaian, Oena and Sandy Island, New Decius, Templar Republic, Tribiaz, Imperialistic Capitalist Hungary, Poulaka, Blonifopon, Comune di Milano, Ostroban, Popaholick, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Nova Kraken, Hretva, Mooseland, Quentenia, Sinclairtown, Halensberg, EuropeAutonomic NeuroComputationalSystem, Wilheim, Marssel, Polskanitch, Greifenburg, Kirostan, United Republics of Earth, Triscuitoon, Nord Schweiz, Lavenor, Sienkahn, Galway-Dublin, Mandibas, Brandon, 8jhgefl, Duny Auntichet, Himinitas, Regnum Italiae, Greater Dragunovia, Wendot, British Gambia, Ere, The Kingdom of Nightingale, South St Maarten, Supcotia, The Blue Rhine, Freedom And Fill In The Blank, Andalussia, and Naifon.