The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.047 billion Venetoes love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Venetolandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,329 trillion venetoes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 145,147 venetoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Genetic researchers have been expelled, more money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids, and excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Venetoland endorsed The Grand Duchy of Ivil.
- : Venetoland was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Ivil.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, more money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, an epidemic of unpopped kernels causes movie goers to gnash their teeth.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Lexembourg, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, Tigyland, Valrem, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Fortia, Troltovia, Zuid-Limburgia, Lesmoland, Ansington, Woschia, Chioganah, Charlesia, North of Americas, Green Counties, Fossekallen, Newmere, Bearhinoland, AirstripZero, Jamoea, Continental Social Democrats, Rahvav, Lovisa, GeneralStalin, Umeria, Slavorussia, Union of the North, Evka, Puerto Thelosia, The New Nordic Union, Outer Sparta, Malo Balo, DGAF No-2, Silvecia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Ahma, and 54 others.Dark Matter, Myrenia, Alpinovia, Cha0sNation, Stiernmark, Wolvory, Senyerauxia, Einswenn, An Clar, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Wessex and Cornwall, Kanadika, ArkTech, Romaian, Great Poland and South Lithuania, Oena and Sandy Island, New Decius, Templar Republic, Tribiaz, Sjaellandskane, Katanislandas, Imperialistic Capitalist Hungary, Poulaka, Blonifopon, Comune di Milano, Pileusia, Aquilega, Ostroban, Popaholick, New Brussland, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Nova Kraken, Thorine, Hretva, Lenkonia, Mooseland, Shronkistan, Quentenia, HYDRA-Russian Empire, Chieftain, Sinclairtown, Halensberg, The Andromeda Archipelago, Scull, EuropeAutonomic NeuroComputationalSystem, Wilheim, Marssel, The Southeast Northwest, Polskanitch, Greifenburg, Ritz, Kirostan, Surry, and Ivil.