The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, complete lack of prisons, and strictly enforced bedtime. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.465 billion Venetoes love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Venetolandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,704 trillion venetoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 110,199 venetoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Venetolandians any less frightened, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Thomasville as a backdrop, and business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Venetoland's influence in Europe rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Thomasville as a backdrop.
- : Venetoland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Anarchestan".
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Venetolandians any less frightened.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
- : Venetoland lost the endorsement of The Holy Empire of Romulu.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Venetoland endorsed The Holy Empire of Romulu.
- : Venetoland was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Romulu.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, Tigyland, Valrem, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Fortia, Troltovia, Zuid-Limburgia, Lesmoland, Dacian Freelands, Spagna, Ansington, Woschia, Chioganah, Saudi Canadia, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, Green Counties, Fossekallen, Newmere, Stannard, Eicant, Bearhinoland, AirstripZero, Suvianova, Jamoea, Continental Social Democrats, Mathangiakam, Rahvav, Lovisa, Otterner, GeneralStalin, Umeria, Dassiu, and 39 others.Slavorussia, Union of the North, Evka, Puerto Thelosia, The New Nordic Union, Outer Sparta, Malo Balo, DGAF No-2, Silvecia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Ahma, Dark Matter, Myrenia, Alpinovia, Cha0sNation, Stiernmark, Wolvory, Senyerauxia, Husseinsherif, The Global Republic, European Commonwalth, Einswenn, An Clar, Sjundea, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Wessex and Cornwall, Mordwyn, Kanadika, ArkTech, Romaian, Great Poland and South Lithuania, Oena and Sandy Island, New Decius, Templar Republic, Tribiaz, Giericia, Ogrien, Scussel, and Sjaellandskane.