The East Pacifican Nation of Venetia-Milan is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, frequent executions, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.726 billion Veno-Milans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Welfare, with Education, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 12.1%.
The powerhouse Venetia-Milanian economy, worth 119 trillion Venolans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 69,115 Venolans, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace', the Federal Council of Venetia-Milan has been announced as the new Head of State, and open-heart surgery is taught in seminaries. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Venetia-Milan's national animal is the Eurasian Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Clarityism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Venetia-Milan's influence in From The End rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Venetia-Milan's influence in From The End rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Venetia-Milan's influence in From The End rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Venetia-Milan's influence in From The End rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Venetia-Milan relocated from The East Pacific to From The End.
- : Venetia-Milan resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Venetia-Milan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wintony".
- : Venetia-Milan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Foreign Political Corruption".
- : Venetia-Milan was endorsed by The Galactic Company of StarWarp.
- : Venetia-Milan's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".