|Leader||King Tohmas IX|
The Kingdom of Velosia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by King Tohmas IX with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, vat-grown people, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.534 billion Velosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ethalstad. The average income tax rate is 33.5%.
The Velosian economy, worth 99.5 trillion talons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 64,869 talons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
One year's corporation tax from three international megacorporations has funded one dozen shiny black pencils for King Tohmas IX's office, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it, every workday begins with group therapy, and political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Velosia's national animal is the seadragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Velosia, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in Velosia, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Velosia, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it.
- : Following new legislation in Velosia, one year's corporation tax from three international megacorporations has funded one dozen shiny black pencils for King Tohmas IX's office.
- : Following new legislation in Velosia, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people.
- : Velosia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Velosia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Velosia endorsed The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Velosia was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Velosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Elisabethshagen, Nardin, Outer Sparta, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Bahnhofstrasse, The Kingdom of Denmark, Republic of Satherland, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Viciebskaja, Irminsulia, Free Furentenia, The Champions League, Thracia Republic, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, An Clar, Dark Matter, Imperium Anglorum, Stromia, Jim the Baptist, Mantcor, Alba-Nord, The New Nordic Union, St Scarlett, Fearann nan Albannaich, Aura Banitia, Walfo, North of Americas, Mallesia, Regnum Italiae, Porury, Greate San Marino, The Wretched of this Earth, GanymedEuropa, The Mongol Plain, Pazano, Lord Sapre, Novum Hesperia, Rijland, Slavorussia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, The Seven Provinces, Puhja, Pilipinas and Malaya, Enway, Feria-Alkaline, Einswenn, Alsted, Shagolaa, and 5 others.Sienkahn, Elitestland, Supcotia, Kanokla, and Continental Social Democrats.