|Leader||President Pyotr Andreiovich Dvornikov|
The Transitional Government of Velkost is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by President Pyotr Andreiovich Dvornikov with an iron fist, and notable for its aversion to nipples, pith helmet sales, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.657 billion Velkostis are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tsitadel. The average income tax rate is 64.9%.
The all-consuming Velkostian economy, worth 204 trillion Velkosti kopeks a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 123,621 Velkosti kopeks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
All work and no play has rendered the nation's children somewhat intelligent but also remarkably dull, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, bailiffs must face down a fusillade of depleted uranium rounds, and international terrorists often get their weapons supply in Velkost. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Velkost's national animal is the Velkosti wolverine, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Eastern Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velkost was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Largest Mining Sector, Most Devout, and Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Velkost's influence in APSIA rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Velkost relocated from Lazarus to APSIA.
- : Velkost altered its national flag.
- : Velkost was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Velkost ceased to exist in APSIA.
- : Velkost was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Velkost, international terrorists often get their weapons supply in Velkost.
- : Velkost voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Velkost voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".