The Empire of Velion is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Zebith with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, otherworldly petting zoo, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.809 billion Velionians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of IronWolf. The average income tax rate is 86.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Velionian economy, worth a remarkable 1,733 trillion Crekuchings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 222,022 Crekuchings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Velionians believe manners maketh the leader, money grows on trees, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR, and the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Velion's national animal is the Timber Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velion was endorsed by The Federation of Ayolvuuz.
- : Velion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, money grows on trees.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, Velionians believe manners maketh the leader.
- : Velion voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Velion voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Following new legislation in Velion, the stratosphere is full of "silent but deadly" attacks from Zebith's rear echelons.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Voopmont, Dabberwocky, Belke, The New United Socialist Random Empire, Aidviet Union, Voopiria, Riptaria, The Narwhalian Republic of the North, Coryanhafflaruda, Empire of Dunist, Colendia, Nagolronnoc, Federated Communes of Cygnus X-1, Greater Roman Italy, Orasil, Bohachia, Cevlaia, Voopigrad, Xenmor, Amarsaria, Southern Noot Yrok, and Ayolvuuz.