The Socialist People's Republic of Velikarudina is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, digital currency, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.572 billion Velikorudians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veligrad. The average income tax rate is 84.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Velikarudinan economy, worth 328 trillion Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 127,822 Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The banshee wail foretells skies of death, policemen want to put the nation's homosexuals up against a wall, creating cardboard imitations of missiles is a new top-secret military project, and military barracks resemble five-star hotels. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Velikarudina's national animal is the Grizzly bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Stalinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velikarudina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Velikarudina voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Following new legislation in Velikarudina, military barracks resemble five-star hotels.
- : Following new legislation in Velikarudina, creating cardboard imitations of missiles is a new top-secret military project.
- : Velikarudina voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Velikarudina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Velikarudina voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Altino".
- : Velikarudina voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Effectual Recycling".
- : Velikarudina was endorsed by The People's Republic of Sodoran Alesia.
- : Velikarudina was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Kethania, Servilis, Marxmeans, Blakkland, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Tsekia, Soviet Felines, Land of Justinian, Secutor, United States of Stalinia, Sestabolgia, Shamian, Feyrisshire, Dynamic Revolution, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, The Steephills, Muscao, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Ottomeme, Radicalania, and Sodoran Alesia.