The Rogue Nation of Vektahs is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 676 million Vektasians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atlas. The average income tax rate is 58.0%.
The strong Vektahsian economy, worth 41.5 trillion reytris a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 61,426 reytris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Vektahs has designated Atlas as its capital city, many feel that the government's ban on cars to combat reckless driving was "a tad excessive", all artwork is carefully screened for offensive material, and citizens no longer take selfies with their dead relatives at funerals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vektahs's national animal is the Shoebill Stork, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vektahs's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vektahs's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vektahs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Vektahs's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vektahs was refounded in Balder.
- : Vektahs ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Vektahs was endorsed by The Confederacy of Brangoch.
- : Vektahs was endorsed by The State of The Mercenary Syndicate.
- : Vektahs was endorsed by The United States of Varisland.
- : Vektahs was endorsed by The Freed United Republic of Filibustra.