|Leader||Prime Minister Brashaan Sardik|
The Pyganicate of Vegetarian States is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Brashaan Sardik with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, enslaved workforce, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 3.901 billion Pyganians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Industry, with Healthcare and Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rodozny. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pyganic economy, worth 880 trillion hryvans a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 225,733 hryvans, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,076,123 per year while the poor average 27,826, a ratio of 38.7 to 1.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and Vegetarian States-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Vegetarian States's national animal is the Japanese macaque, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Pyganism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vegetarian States's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vegetarian States's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vegetarian States was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Vegetarian States ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Vegetarian States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Vegetarian States's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Vegetarian States's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vegetarian States's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vegetarian States's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vegetarian States was refounded in Balder.