|Leader||President Rufus Moore|
The Republic of Vedrea is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by President Rufus Moore with a fair hand, and notable for its infamous sell-swords, daily referendums, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 955 million Vedreans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Industry, although Defense, Spirituality, and Education are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freemont. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Vedrean economy, worth 112 trillion Glory Coppers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 117,612 Glory Coppers, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 488,713 per year while the poor average 18,529, a ratio of 26.4 to 1.
Shanty towns have formed around the newly rebuilt commercial district, neighboring nations are tired of Vedrea's big fish stories, the government's suicide hotline now redirects callers to local tax lawyers, and chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Vedrea's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vedrea was endorsed by The Democratic States of DVVK.
- : Vedrea endorsed The Phoenix Republic of Ignis Cinere.
- : Vedrea was endorsed by The Phoenix Republic of Ignis Cinere.
- : Vedrea endorsed The Community of ScaleLand.
- : Vedrea was endorsed by The Community of ScaleLand.
- : Following new legislation in Vedrea, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom.
- : Following new legislation in Vedrea, the government's suicide hotline now redirects callers to local tax lawyers.
- : Following new legislation in Vedrea, neighboring nations are tired of Vedrea's big fish stories.
- : Vedrea lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Vedrea, shanty towns have formed around the newly rebuilt commercial district.
Endorsements Received: 47 » The Soylent Green Party, Echocrimsonia, New Fania, Hamletus, Nooooooooooooooo, Polka Republic, The Tasmanian Islands, Karlando, Wysrod, Anollasia, North Atlantic Allies, Eist, Isentran, Rex Republic, The City States Of Las Vegas, Qerth, Cyber Revolution, Datland, Sorya, Aspistania, Tzo, DunNaGall, Sorchamei, Kebecois, Kuriko, Govem, Gluebucket, Grahnol, Vivolkha, Maalemzya, Future of Mankind, Aprait, Mans Torment, Republic of Nutella, Zopciria, Unic Island, Tardog, Snuenga, Earth Federation, Libraziland, Dustwind, Krystalveil, Jiria, Optimism and Failure, ScaleLand, Ignis Cinere, and DVVK.