|Leader||The Confederate Council|
|Faith||Vecherdian Reformed Judaism|
The Free Confederacy of Vecherd is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Confederate Council with a fair hand, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, unlimited-speed roads, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 16.381 billion Vecherdians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cairlinn. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Vecherdian economy, worth a remarkable 2,477 trillion Gelders a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 151,261 Gelders, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 513,673 per year while the poor average 32,861, a ratio of 15.6 to 1.
Coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the Cairlinn River, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, and teens are voting on which C-List pop star will be next to be evicted from the opera house. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Vecherd's national animal is the Reindeer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Vecherdian Reformed Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vecherd's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Vecherd's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vecherd's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vecherd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector, Highest Unexpected Death Rate, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector, and Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Vecherd's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vecherd altered its national flag.
- : Vecherd was refounded in Osiris.
- : Vecherd ceased to exist in Laissez Faireholm.
- : Vecherd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Vecherd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.