The Free Confederacy of Vecherd is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Confederate Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 14.229 billion Vecherdians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cairlinn. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Vecherdian economy, worth a remarkable 2,151 trillion Gelders a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 151,220 Gelders, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 513,536 per year while the poor average 32,852, a ratio of 15.6 to 1.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the Cairlinn River, and bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Vecherd's national animal is the Reindeer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Vecherdian Reformed Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vecherd's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Vecherd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Vecherd altered its national flag.
- : Vecherd's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Vecherd's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vecherd's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vecherd's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vecherd was refounded in Balder.
- : Vecherd ceased to exist in Laissez Faireholm.
- : Vecherd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.