The Kingdom of Vdara is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Stavros Arnaoutakis with an iron fist, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 4.027 billion Vdarans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chania. The average income tax rate is 32.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Vdaran economy, worth 223 trillion euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 55,598 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, many friends and relatives of Stavros Arnaoutakis have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Vdara. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vdara's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Vdaran Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vdara resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Vdara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Vdara was endorsed by The Republic of South Newlandia.
- : Vdara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Vdara's influence in Esportiva rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Vdara's influence in Esportiva rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Vdara published "NS Sport GIF Dump" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Vdara's influence in Esportiva rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Vdara's influence in Esportiva rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Vdara's influence in Esportiva rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".