The Republic of Vayanskaya is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Kiril Blokhin with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, devout population of 7.122 billion Vayanskayans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moscow. The average income tax rate is 81.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vayanskayan economy, worth a remarkable 1,011 trillion Krayas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 142,089 Krayas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Broken suspension systems are giving auto repair shops plenty of business, there's never enough space in space, all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police, and state dairy cow's milk is a shear-thickening fluid that can stop small caliber bullets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vayanskaya's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vayanskaya's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vayanskaya's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vayanskaya was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Vayanskaya ceased to exist in Alliance of neighboring countries.
- : Vayanskaya's influence in Alliance of neighboring countries fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Vayanskaya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Vayanskaya's influence in Alliance of neighboring countries rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Vayanskaya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Vayanskaya's influence in Alliance of neighboring countries rose from "Superpower" to "Hegemony".
- : Vayanskaya's influence in Alliance of neighboring countries fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".