The Republic of Vasilisa is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 11.464 billion Vasilisans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 68.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Vasilisan economy, worth 398 trillion Тоскаs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is 34,785 Тоскаs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, the dartboard at the Vasilisan Cancer Research Charity bears a picture of Leader's face, anyone who sneezes at border crossings is turned away, and people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vasilisa's national animal is the Медвежьи, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vasilisa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Vasilisa's influence in Refugia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Vasilisa's influence in Refugia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Vasilisa's influence in Refugia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vasilisa's influence in Refugia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vasilisa's influence in Refugia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vasilisa altered its national flag.
- : Vasilisa relocated from Osiris to Refugia.
- : Vasilisa's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Vasilisa's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".