The Dictatorship of Vaserland is a large, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-working, cynical population of 67 million Vaserlandians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 12.1%.
The strong Vaserlandian economy, worth 4.43 trillion Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is 66,082 Marks, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Theft is considered to be okay if the crime happened a long time ago and the native owl population is in permanent hibernation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vaserland's national animal is the Imperial eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vaserland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Following new legislation in Vaserland, the native owl population is in permanent hibernation.
- : Vaserland's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vaserland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and the Top 10% for Most Extreme, Most Authoritarian, Most Ignorant Citizens, and Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Vaserland, theft is considered to be okay if the crime happened a long time ago.
- : Vaserland lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Vaserland was founded in The South Pacific.