|Leader||Honorable Leader Dextella Kikumaji|
|Animal||Two Headed Lion|
The Eternally Serene Liberty of Varsala is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Honorable Leader Dextella Kikumaji with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 954 million Varsalins love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Starsong. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Varsalian economy, worth 115 trillion kublos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 120,931 kublos, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bars are packed at all hours, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Honorable Leader Dextella Kikumaji, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Varsala's national animal is the Two Headed Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Varsala, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Varsala, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Honorable Leader Dextella Kikumaji.
- : Following new legislation in Varsala, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework.
- : Following new legislation in Varsala, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Varsala was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Buddha Maitreya.
- : Varsala's influence in The Internationale rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Varsala was endorsed by The People's Republic of Ragshikia.
- : Following new legislation in Varsala, glamping Varsalins won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
- : Following new legislation in Varsala, the government props up questionable pizza establishments in the name of health.
- : Following new legislation in Varsala, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Cascadian Soviet Socialist Republic, Zorash, Attempted Socialism, The Red Green Alliance, Artaxart, The United Labourers, Pubs Auvilariand, Holothuria, Karlos, Syralth, Kagrioqua, Chelovechestvo, Ansynia, Socialistic union of eurasia, Azadidome, Michealistan, Mongloilia, Zentrumland, Esgeirimmen, Socialist Republic of Alturia, Faz The Poet, Newnix, Balloch, Bunkovia, Torinia, Kell Sea Islands, Luthesia, South Florida, Bobberton-, Ragshikia, and Buddha Maitreya.