The Republic of Variz is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Albert Mensah with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.606 billion Varizians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beulah. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Varizian economy, worth 207 trillion Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 129,393 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, the military has gone fission for more funding, Jennifer Government is a bestseller, and politicians have tenure. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Variz's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Variz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Variz voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Recognition of the General Assembly".
- : Variz voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Border Policy".
- : Following new legislation in Variz, politicians have tenure.
- : Following new legislation in Variz, Jennifer Government is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Variz, the military has gone fission for more funding.
- : Following new legislation in Variz, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Following new legislation in Variz, solving crossword puzzles requires fluency in at least five languages.
- : Variz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Variz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Sail Nation.