The Federal Republic of Varenskjyr is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Hjalmar Urzutkilsik with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.185 billion Varenskjyrians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Suthheim. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Varenskjyrian economy, worth 58.3 trillion skjals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 26,694 skjals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Merry Birthday is a popular protest song despite the risk of fines and royalty dues, referenda are banned by law and the Parliament has absolute control of the legislative process, motivational posters send motorists positive vibes in high-risk areas, and it's best not to ask what goes into Suthheim Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Varenskjyr's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Varenskjyr's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Varenskjyr's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Varenskjyr's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Varenskjyr's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Varenskjyr was refounded in Balder.
- : Varenskjyr ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Varenskjyr was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Varenskjyr's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Varenskjyr's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Varenskjyr, it's best not to ask what goes into Suthheim Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices.