The Constitutional Monarchy of Varascomento is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cynical population of 391 million Varascians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, moralistic, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Varasco. The average income tax rate is 76.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Varascian economy, worth 8.88 trillion Varasco marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 22,722 Varasco marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There is a law against "filthy foreign food", skateparks can be found in every city, Varascomento has designated Varasco as its capital city, and the government only announces the deaths of its members when it's convenient. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Varascomento's national animal is the Ferret, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Varascomento was endorsed by The Grand Imperium of Atlantarim.
- : Varascomento endorsed The Grand Imperium of Atlantarim.
- : Varascomento lodged a message on the The Land of Kings and Emperors Regional Message Board.
- : Varascomento voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards for international Road Freight".
- : Varascomento voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Psychotic Dictatorships".
- : Following new legislation in Varascomento, the government only announces the deaths of its members when it's convenient.
- : Varascomento was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Varascomento was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Varascomento was endorsed by The Empire of Christking.
- : Varascomento's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".