|Leader||High Councillor Xergotof|
The People's Republic of Varagog is a massive, genial nation, ruled by High Councillor Xergotof with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.808 billion Varagoggans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Conflux. The average income tax rate is 86.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Varagoggan economy, worth 126 trillion gold pieces a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 69,721 gold pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Economists speak of trusting in the Tao of Free Market Capitalism, pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids, lending money has become a major liability, and one does not simply walk into the tundra. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Varagog's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Varagog's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Varagog's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Varagog's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Varagog's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Varagog published "Varagoggan Government Disbanded (Late 2018, Early 2019)" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Varagog was refounded in Osiris.
- : Varagog ceased to exist in Social Liberal Union.
- : Varagog was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Varagog was endorsed by The Robot Infested State of Mare Nectaris.
- : Varagog was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".