The Republic of Vara 13 is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 874 million Vara 13ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 37.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Vara 13ian economy, worth 47.5 trillion Object Permanences a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 54,347 Object Permanences, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with job applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods", naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus, and Vara 13ian watches list strained wrists as a common side effect. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vara 13's national animal is the Question Mark, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vara 13's influence in Feminist Empire fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Vara 13 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Vara 13's influence in Feminist Empire rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Vara 13 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Feminist Empire.
- : Vara 13 was endorsed by The Republic of Interceptor VII.
- : Vara 13 endorsed The Minimalist Series of Oaks 158.
- : Vara 13 endorsed The Republic of Bobberino34.
- : Vara 13 endorsed The Republic of Cornered.
- : Vara 13 was endorsed by The People's Republic of Market-108.
- : Vara 13 endorsed The Republic of Interceptor VII.