The Dictatorship of Vanmarkia is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 208 million Vanmarkians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 43.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Vanmarkian economy, worth 7.05 trillion Vanmarks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Pizza Delivery, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 33,899 Vanmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Posters on 'Vanmarkian Values' advise against being proud of Vanmarkia, Vanmarkia's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers, a sophisticated government-sponsored breeding program creates normal people, and sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vanmarkia's national animal is the Wolf.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vanmarkia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Vanmarkia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories.
- : Vanmarkia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Ceutalia.
- : Following new legislation in Vanmarkia, sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food.
- : Vanmarkia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Following new legislation in Vanmarkia, a sophisticated government-sponsored breeding program creates normal people.
- : Vanmarkia was endorsed by The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Vanmarkia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Vanmarkia was endorsed by The ENDORSE BEEPEE of Purple Hyacinth.
- : Vanmarkia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Wakandan Tribes.
Endorsements Received: 42 » NIGHTRAY, The Republic Of Williamsburg, Qvait, Marinho Islands, PenguinPies, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Yeses, Tepertopia, Holota, Corgitopiaa, Concrete Slab, Treir, Bleakfoot, Wehraboos, Nowa Europa, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, Belschaft, Land Without Shrimp, Scu Greinne, Rebel-topia, Amerion, Libedistan, West Bridgeport, Aumeltopia, Westenhald, Sedunn, Erinor, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Gonrati, New Belgrade, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, Wakandan Tribes, Purple Hyacinth, Ipugao, Ebonhand, Ceutalia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, and The Langburn Islands.