The Retired Place of Vaniri is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Retcon Man with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, smutty television, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 15.272 billion Vanirians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Redactia. The average income tax rate is 73.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Vanirian economy, worth a remarkable 4,022 trillion Retcons a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 263,359 Retcons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies, the police strictly enforce off-limit zones for tourists, the roar of the Niagara 3000 mega-loo can be heard several blocks away, and home renovation shows are increasingly popular. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vaniri's national animal is the Invisible Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Retconism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vaniri's influence in Poyo rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Vaniri's influence in Poyo rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Vaniri's influence in Poyo rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Vaniri's influence in Poyo rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Vaniri changed its national motto to "Mistakes were made in the making of this nation.".
- : Vaniri changed its national motto to "Mistakes were made".
- : Vaniri endorsed The Kitsune Nation of Foxfound.
- : Vaniri relocated from The United Islands of the Atlantic to Poyo.
- : Vaniri changed its national animal to "Invisible Eagle", its capital to "Redactia", its currency to "Retcon", its faith to "Retconism", its leader to "Retcon Man", its motto to "Welcome to the disaster", and its nation type to "Retired Place".
- : Vaniri voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Noble Thatcherites".
Endorsements Received: None.