|Leader||President Markus Olav|
The Federal Republic of Vandelstein is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Markus Olav with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 5.989 billion Vandelsteinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Helsingberg. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vandelsteinian economy, worth 785 trillion Grants a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 131,089 Grants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, a fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion, the fastest growing demographic of porn viewership is twelve to seventeen, and Vandelstein is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vandelstein's national animal is the Vandelstein Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vandelstein was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Vandelstein was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Vandelstein was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Vandelstein's influence in Concorde Union fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Vandelstein's influence in Concorde Union fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- : Vandelstein's influence in Concorde Union rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Vandelstein was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Vandelstein relocated from Balder to Concorde Union.
- : Vandelstein founded the region Concorde Union.
- : Vandelstein was refounded in Balder.