The Free Lands of Vancouvia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 16.964 billion Vancouvians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vesuvius. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Vancouvian economy, worth a remarkable 3,684 trillion coves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 217,215 coves, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Seasonal hay-fever sufferers are attending government drug counselling sessions to get free doughnuts, restaurant owners fear visits from government officials more than the actual food critics, it's been a banner year for local vexillology, and evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vancouvia's national animal is the wild cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Deritivya.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Empire of Clytrat.
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Amauri.
- : Vancouvia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Vancouvia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free, Open Source Software Use".
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Federation of Portsekuro.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Swedesttanossa.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Brindle.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Federation of Altmelia.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Verdon, Linaviar, Domanania, Miklania, Xrevaro, Athara Magarat, Corindia, Noronica, Frencin, Murab, San Montagna, Townside, Chasia, Roendavar, Shadolio, Dothrakia, Razzgriz, Nhoor, Martenyika, Aizcona, Remodio, Segentova, Serpens Land, Thromsa, Ainslie, Dormill and Stiura, Lesva, Belantica, Kuvo, Solaryia, Sylvaynia, Oleiwin, Hosavan, American Liberal Principalities, Uprea, Aeteros, The United Partitions, Perceu, Borisuelo, Coldwoods, Veleste, San Jimenez, Federated Commonwealth of Selstville, The Ketchwan Republic, The Kayevies, Canglan, Ebruorhiel, Ivolshok, TotoMishin, Jeriga, and 23 others.Ostellan, Yursea, Reiksmark, Gaillimh Ciarrai, Millsia, Esterazdravo, The Discordian Republic, Cafrica, Stosal, Mentalmanathil, The Orwell Society, Renet, Costavozka, Hyukai, Hellphanepool, Doravo, Altmelia, Brindle, Swedesttanossa, Portsekuro, Amauri, Clytrat, and Deritivya.