The Free Lands of Vancouvia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 16.723 billion Vancouvians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vesuvius. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Vancouvian economy, worth a remarkable 3,634 trillion coves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 217,334 coves, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Seasonal hay-fever sufferers are attending government drug counselling sessions to get free doughnuts, restaurant owners fear visits from government officials more than the actual food critics, it's been a banner year for local vexillology, and evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vancouvia's national animal is the wild cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Stosal.
- : Vancouvia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Limiting Animal Pathogens".
- : Vancouvia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Empire of Cafrica.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Democratic States of Southern European Republic.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Discordian Republic.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Queendom of The Covens.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Esterazdravo.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Verdon, Linaviar, Domanania, Miklania, Xrevaro, Athara Magarat, Keomora, Corindia, Noronica, Frencin, Murab, San Montagna, Townside, Chasia, Roendavar, Shadolio, Dothrakia, Razzgriz, Nhoor, Martenyika, Aizcona, Remodio, Segentova, Serpens Land, Thromsa, Ainslie, Dormill and Stiura, Lesva, Belantica, Kuvo, Solaryia, Sylvaynia, Oleiwin, Hosavan, American Liberal Principalities, Uprea, Aeteros, The United Partitions, Perceu, Aecurora, Borisuelo, Coldwoods, Veleste, San Jimenez, Doravo, Federated Commonwealth of Selstville, The Ketchwan Republic, The Kayevies, Canglan, Ebruorhiel, and 13 others.Ivolshok, TotoMishin, Citzeria, Jeriga, Ostellan, Yursea, Reiksmark, Gaillimh Ciarrai, Millsia, Esterazdravo, The Discordian Republic, Cafrica, and Stosal.