The Free Lands of Vancouvia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic population of 20.079 billion Vancouvians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vesuvius. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Vancouvian economy, worth a remarkable 4,378 trillion coves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 218,068 coves, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Seasonal hay-fever sufferers are attending government drug counselling sessions to get free doughnuts, restaurant owners fear visits from government officials more than the actual food critics, it's been a banner year for local vexillology, and evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vancouvia's national animal is the wild cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vancouvia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Recognition of the Borlands".
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "WA Misrepresentation Governance".
- : Vancouvia ejected and banned The Federal Republic of Clevelia from The Western Isles.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Clevelia.
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Transportation of Hazardous Materials".
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Free Land of MidMerica.
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Crown Dependency of Hong Kong".
- : Vancouvia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Tinhampton".
- : Vancouvia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention Against Heinous Crimes".
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Saint Douglass.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Linaviar, Domanania, Miklania, Corindia, Noronica, Frencin, Murab, San Montagna, Townside, Roendavar, Shadolio, Razzgriz, Martenyika, Aizcona, Segentova, Thromsa, Ainslie, Dormill and Stiura, Lesva, Belantica, Kuvo, Solaryia, Oleiwin, American Liberal Principalities, Uprea, Aeteros, The United Partitions, Perceu, Veleste, San Jimenez, Federated Commonwealth of Selstville, Esterazdravo, Costavozka, Seafoam Island, Keomora, Ostellan, Milerya, Najimam, Baumes, Vacrus, Agadar, United Counties of Nottinghamshire, Kaskalma, Euckedee, Remodio, Lancenshire, Warfburg, Kravato, Vaaththu, San Batavia, and 13 others.Sympetrum, ReformedAlohaStates, Biaten, Renet, Great Altera, Einsiev, Wangano, Rarovia, Luzianne, Tricklandia, The Northern Icelands, Saint Douglass, and MidMerica.