The Dominion of Vancon is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Van with an even hand, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, sprawling nuclear power plants, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 6.644 billion Vanconians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Provincia. The average income tax rate is 16.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Vanconian economy, worth 815 trillion Vanconian Pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 122,702 Vanconian Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Billions of Vanconian Pounds are being blown on orbital weapons development, voting is voluntary, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Vancon's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vancon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Vancon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Vancon's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vancon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens, Highest Average Incomes, and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Vancon's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vancon was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Vancon ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Vancon's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Vancon's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vancon's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".